A tax audit is an examination within the framework of an audit for a special purpose, aimed at the examining of tax returns and statements in order to form an independent opinion of the accuracy and compliance with current provisions of Ukrainian legislation (in particular the provisions of the Tax Code of Ukraine), the order of the accounting, calculation and payment of taxes and duties and paying them to the budget and extra-budgetary funds.
A tax audit allows our clients to be absolutely sure of correctness when dealing with the tax authorities, as our goal in this respect is the detailed analysis and identification of all potential tax risks and their consequences for the client.
The main objectives of the tax audit are:
• Identification and elimination of potential tax risks associated with the activities of a company, identification and correction of the most “painful” areas for an enterprise
• Verifying the calculation of taxes and duties, checking of correctness upon reflection of such taxes and duties in tax returns and statements
• Verifying the correspondence of the tax accounting system of an enterprise to requirements of the legislation
• Proof of correctness, timeliness and validity of accrual of tax liabilities by an enterprise
• Verifying the legality of tax benefits calculation
• Verifying the legitimacy of applied tax schemes
• Development of the most appropriate approaches to tax accounting of certain transactions in terms of legislation
• Evaluation of the most probable consequences of violations of tax laws (if any) in the form of fines, penalties and possible action on behalf of the tax authorities
The tax audit is voluntary. The volume and direction of the tax audit is defined by the client.